Pages

Friday 26 August 2016

A spot of painting

Since entering the forthcoming 28mm L'Art De La Guerre competition at Firestorm Games I thought I ought to paint the Sassanids.

The figures are Gripping Beast and have been lurking in the Pile for many a year.









As can be seen so far I've managed a couple of command bases, the levy, the elephants and the light foot.

I have also, more or less, stuck to my detox but admit to buying the Aventine Miniatures King's Elephant and the grand total of 4 mounted command. The real indulgence was the Little Big Men Studios transfers for the elephant but they are stunning and I'm afraid that my painting and photographic skills do neither the model of transfers justice.





 The photo below was imported my new phone that supposedly has a better quality camera than the camera used for the photos above.






I think I need to set up a photo booth as I have no control over the lighting levels!

1 comment:

  1. Splendid Effort on Everything. Love the Painting,and better still no Dizzy Eyes!
    Greetings from me_________BB

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!