Pages

Thursday 27 October 2016

Pirates IV

A productive week.

I've managed to complete the 16 pirate crew and the 4 monks that were my target, plus the final 9 Royal Marines and started the last the last 9 pirates!

It's been a strange few days as I've been busier than usual but have actually managed to find more time for painting. There must be a moral there somewhere.

Anyway here are the results of my painting:




This just leaves the final 9 pirates and that is the first project of this three month challenge complete (well at least for the time being!!)

The next challenge is to complete my Frigate which is, at least in the main part built. All I need to do now is rub down the exterior of the hull, fit the 20 gun ports, finalise the configuration of the masts, fit them, paint the whole model and finally tackle the rigging!!

The next thing is to decide which project to complete next. I suppose it's a bit of a no brainier really as I have a unit of 28mm Sassanid heavy horse archers that I need for the Firestorm Games LADG competition in December. Once they are complete it's then on to the ACW Yanks that need finishing, thereby completing my first Sharp Practice II forces.


1 comment:

  1. Haha, your list of "just need to do" on the frigate sounds pretty daunting.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!