Pages

Monday 1 February 2021

A New Year and, hopefully, a new start.

 Another attempt to restart this Blog and my figure painting and I hope this year may be better than 2020.

I was exceptionally fortunate to have my eye operation in the UK and to be back in Normandie before the Covid-19 epidemic became a major issue and had such a dramatic effect on all of our lives. 

I think that during 2020 I painted some 500 or so figures but given the time spent in lockdown it does not seem much at all.


Wargaming wise I have gamed at home when possible with Les who lives the same village as me. We have mainly played Chain of Command, Sharp Practice and Infamy Infamy. 

As of this year we are also playtesting a new ruleset, Fighting for Mexico, which will be the next set from the Martin Goddard/Peter Pig stable. to date we have managed 3 games and they have all been very enjoyable and a fast paced, fun set of rules.

I have also joined a group playtesting Rebel Yell, a set for the ACW being developed by Arthur van der Ster which look very promising.


On the figure painting front I have set myself a target of painting the minimum of a figure a day. January has already come and gone but I managed over 50 figures that were a bit of a mixture but in the main for Sharp Practice. As long as I manage to keep this blog going there will be photos of them in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!