Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Legionary 2015 - Exeter


Saturday 2nd May was a very enjoyable day spent in the Matlock Centre, Exeter with Nick Turner helping with his 28mm extravaganza 'Trouble with the Borgias (Part 2)'. Nick fielded over 1000 beautifully painted figures and we spent a fun day fighting out a marvellous game using Warlords Pike and Shotte rules.

I'm afraid that I forgot my camera but I can assure you that the table was stunning.

There were about a dozen or so demo/participation games and best in show went to the Abbeywood Irregulars with their very impressive 28mm ACW game. There were two Bolt Action Games, two Wars of the Roses, a Napoleonic one using 15mm figures using  an adaptation of Muskets and Tomahawks, a Naval game and several others.

There was a good selection of Traders including Warlord, Colonel Bill and Charlie Foxtrot Models. The latter set me back a few quid as I walked away with another 4 28mm MDF.

The Bring & Buy appeared to be well supported and I managed to grab:

An unmade Warlord Plastic Pz IV Ausf F1/G/H for £10
A box of Warlord Polish vistula Legion for £10
A box of Warlord Celtic Warriors for £10
A box of Warlord Imperial Roman Praetorian Guard for £10
A box of Perry ACW Cavalry for £10

The latter will be the basis for my WWII Mounted Germans!!

Plus at a bargain price of £2 each I picked up the following books:
Dunkirk by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore
Citezen Soldiers by Stephen E Ambrose
SAS - Operation Bulbasket by Paul McCue
Eastern Inferno which is the jurnals of a Panzerjager on the Eastern Front.

All in all (and as I explained to 'She Who Must Be Obeyed) I saved a pretty penny!!

A cracking day at a nice show amongst like minded individuals and an couple of American tourists who had never heard of Wargaming but just happened to be passing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!