Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Another Birthday passes.

Oh well another birthday has come and gone!

Wargaming wise I received a copy of Digby Smith's book Napoleon's Regiments which has already proved very useful as it covers the histories of the Regiments of the French Army, 1792-1815.

My partner very kindly bought me a box of the new 28mm Perry Miniatures, plastics, namely the French Napoleonic Infantry Battalion 1807-14. This will be the perfect start to my Sharp Practice Peninsula War campaign. The box contains a full 36 man battalion plus 8 additional Elite company figures in skirmish poses. All figures are in the pre-1812 long tailed coat and overalls. I am particularly impressed with the excellent painting guide which covers details for painting them as French, Swiss, the Kingdom of Italy and Neapolitan troops.

My aim is to check through the Digby Smith book and paint them up as one of the more colourful units that were present in the Peninsula.

Photos to follow once I get my camera and, hopefully, light-box sorted.

The other project that I need to mention here (as I need the motivation to proceed and develop my technical skills) is the use of my 2 3D printers that I acquired in October and November 2019. The resin printer, an Elegoo Mars, is set-up but I've only printed a couple of small items whereas the other on is not even properly set-up or levelled yet. The crazy thing is that I'm a gentleman of leisure but there are still not hours in the day.

The one thing I'm  determined to stick to this year is that any new figures and terrain that I buy this year will be funded from sales of my surplus figures. Time will tell!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!