Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2015

PAW 2015


I was pleasantly surprised to get to PAW, the Plymouth Wargames show, on Sunday 8 February. The fact that Theresa's dad lives in Plymouth, so she could drop me at the show and then spend a few hours with him certainly helped!!

It was the first time I have been to PAW in quite a few years and I was favourably impressed. There was a good balance of demo/participation games, traders and space for competitions.

My New Years Resolution, to spend less on wargaming until the size of the mountain/pile is reduced, was holding well until I came across the Charlie Foxtrot stand!  CF is a new company producing 28mm MDF buildings. I could not resist and ended up with 3 damaged buildings, a row of terraces and a couple of  shops!!

To top it all Nick Turner, a member of SSWG, won the award for Best Demo Game. Even though I'm biased it was a bloody impressive game!

An all round good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!