Pages

Sunday 21 August 2016

Over the Hills



For the last couple of weeks I've been looking forward to trying out a new set of Napoleonic rules, entitled Over the Hills, with my fellow addict Nick Turner.

Well today was the day and at the appointed hour I arrived at Turner Hall to find that, good to his word, he had set up a small Austrian v Bavarian game. We each had between 10 and 12 units of his beautifully painted 28mm foot, 4 to 6 of cavalry and half a dozen guns. In Turnerland this is positively tiny and I can but admire his restraint.

The game took about 2 hours, seemed to flow very well and, most importantly, was  most enjoyable. I think we have a lot to learn but are looking forward to our next game which i am sure will be larger.

My initial feeling is that they are a first class, fast moving, set of rules where command & control and fatigue are critical.

Now back to re-reading the rules (and marking the QRF with the relevant page numbers)....

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you enjoyed the battle and the rules. Look forward to hearing and hopefully seeing more of your future engagements.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. Even negative stuff proves someone is looking!